I’ve cotranslated Hebrew poetry with Hana Inbar, who knows Hebrew inside-out. We’ve mainly translated only two poets for publication. The first poet is Ronny Someck, the other is Ortsion Bartana. We’ve also translated the flash fiction work of Yossel Birstein, who is Hana’s father. See under the menu above My Writing / Books / My Cotranslated Books for the two collections we cotranslated (poetry by Ronny Someck and flash fiction by Yossel Birstein).
Here are selected cotranslated poem in publications:
- Poet Lore: “Tel Aviv Afternoon,” Volume 115, Number 1/2, Spring/Summer 2020, p. 91.
- Columbia Journal: “A Daily Encounter,” “Great Caesars Return Home at Sunset,” “A Measure,” and “The Sea As in Love” (November 2018)
- The Massachusetts Review: “In Every Room a Different Journey” (summer 2018)
- Off the Coast: “We Saw a Movie Then Drove Off” (summer 2018)
- CIRCUMFERENCE: “Corks” (September 2015)
About Our Cotranslations
- “Ronny Someck’s The Milk Underground,” Israel in Translation (October 2019)
- “Buses and Shoes,” Israel in Translation (August 2019)
- Book Q&As with Deborah Kalb (August 2016)